We receive samples during business hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. A secure refrigerated depository is available for after-hours submission of samples and animal carcasses (<200 lbs). Large animal submissions are only received from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday or on weekends and holidays by appointment with the pathologist on duty (call 701-799-5237 to schedule an appointment).
Our address: NDSU Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory
4035 19th Ave. N.
Fargo, ND 58102
Visit our Contact page for a Google map link to the laboratory.
Directions for AFTER HOURS DEPOSITORY:
- Please place sample/carcass in walk-in cooler. Secure lock boxes are available for samples.
- Smaller carcasses must be submitted in a plastic trash bag. Carcasses should never be placed on shelving without first being placed in a plastic bag.
- Place larger carcasses in the sled provided in the depository.
- Complete submission form; place in a sealable plastic bag (provided in the depository) and leave with the carcass/samples.
Forms MUST include:
- Owner’s name, phone number & address
- Veterinarian’s name and address
- Case history
- Place submission form in a plastic bag and place with sample/carcass.